How to Cancel Train Tickets via New Next Gen IRCTC?
New IRCTC Next Generation Portal is the new innovation in the world of Indian Railways and it certainly has made things easy for the people. With this new portal, railways have not only made it easy to use previously available functions but IRCTC has not made it easy for us to get new services. It was earlier not possible to book a cab via IRCTC but now, IRCTC has partnered with Ola to provide cabs to the passengers.
Apart from the usual stuff, the interface can now help you in checking IRCTC PNR Status & in checking IRCTC Seat Availability as well. Even the cancellation of tickets have been made easy and if you are looking for the process of cancelling the tickets then you are at the right place as below is the process for same.
Steps to Cancel Train Tickets via New Next Gen IRCTC
- To cancel a ticket that has already been booked, you need to visit irctc.co.in and once you are on our portal then you need to login to the portal using your IRCTC Login.
- Once you have logged in, hover your mouse over Trains and then click on Cancel train. From the options, select E-Ticket / I-Tickets. This will now take you to a new page where you will be able to cancel the tickets of the train journey.
- You have to select the train that you want to cancel now and hence select the ticket and click on the cancel This will initiate the cancellation and you need to confirm the cancellation of the tickets.
- Once that is done, you will be asked to confirm the cancellation once again. The ticket will now be cancelled and you can now check for the refund details. The refund gets auto-initiated and you will get the refund back to your account within 2 to 7 working days.
- It should be noted that if you used IRCTC Wallet to book the tickets then the refund will be credited back to your account and you would not be able to take the amount back to your account.
This was the complete process to cancel the tickets and we surely recommend you to book tickets via IRCTC Next Generation portal. If you do not have an account yet then you can use IRCTC portal for IRCTC Sign up or IRCTC Registration. This will offer you more control over your account and tickets.
In addition to this, it should be noted that the counter tickets can’t be cancelled using the above-mentioned process. To cancel the counter tickets, you need to refer to a new link which is https://www.operations.irctc.co.in/ctcan/SystemTktCanLogin.jsf. You can also access this like using IRCTC Portal by selecting Counter Tickets in the Cancel Ticket options. The process is certainly easy and it adds on to more convenience and flexibility to the process. In the case of counter tickets, the refund needs to be collected from the railway reservation centre.