IRCTC Next Gen Portal came as a blessing to all of us. The new system came with a lot of improvements in terms of the user interface. Many of the processes has also been simplified with help of the new portal. In addition to this, you can now check the ticket availability with help of the new portal without having to log in to the portal. To book a new ticket, you surely need to log in. If you are booking a ticket even via 3rd party portal, you would have to log in to the 3rd party portal using your IRCTC Credentials.
It can be said that you can’t book a Train Ticket without having an account on IRCTC Next Gen Portal. So if you are planning to book a ticket on IRCTC Then you need to create an account. The process to create an IRCTC Account is quite simple and you can create your account in less than 5 minutes. Do not worry if you are not aware of the process as we have listed the process below. Here is how you can do it.
Steps to Register on IRCTC Next Gen Portal
- To create an account on IRCTC, you need to visit the IRCTC Next Gen Portal at irctc.co.in. This is the official IRCTC Portal and you can avail all the services from this specific portal.
- Once you are on the portal, you need to click on the Register button from the top menu ribbon. The button is just next to the Login Button on the Top. You will be now be taken to a new page for the registration process.
- On the registration page, you will notice a form. Start filling up the form with all the personal details. You will also be asked for a username and password in this form. Enter a username and ensure that it is available for use. Also, create a password which is easy to remember.
- Now, enter other details like address, mobile number, email address etc. After entering all these details, you need to enter the security code at the bottom of the page. Once you enter the security code, the registration is complete. But, the account has not been created yet. There is still one more step left.
- In this final step, you need to login to your IRCTC Account and verify your Email ID and the Mobile number that you entered during the registration procedure. You will receive two different OTPs on the Mobile Number and the Email ID and once you validate these, you will be able to book your ticket.
This was the complete process to create a User ID for IRCTC. If you want to create a user ID on mobile then you can do so by following the same process. You can download the Mobile App and the rest of the workflow for the process is the same. Do ensure that you enter the correct details while creating a user ID or else you might have to face problems in future.