There are times when you might have to book the ticket in waitlist and in such a case, you might want to check the PNR status, again and again, to know if the train ticket has been confirmed or not. If it has been confirmed then you can also check the details of the seat number and bogey number by checking the PNR Status.
With the recent launch of IRCTC Next Generation Portal, it has become really easy for the passengers to check the PNR Status. Do you know the easiest process to check the PNR Status? Well, do not worry if you are not aware of the process as we have listed the process to check the PNR status via New Portal as well as SMS Service. Let us now have a look at the steps to check the status one by one.
Steps to Check PNR Status via Next Gen Portal
This is how you can check the PNR Status via Next Gen Portal
- Navigate to the official website of IRCTC. The website can be accessed with help of the link irctc.co.in
- Once you are on this website, you will see a button for PNR Status. The button is located just below the Book Your Ticket Section. Click on this button which is for PNR Status. You will be taken to a new page where you can check the PNR status. If you are not able to find the button then you may directly access the page with help of the link http://www.indianrail.gov.in/enquiry/PNR/PnrEnquiry.html?locale=en
- Now, enter the PNR Number in the designated area and click on submit button to get the PNR Details. The details of the PNR will be displayed on the screen and this way, you can check if the ticket has been confirmed or not.
It should be noted that if you booked a ticket which is still on the waitlist then the ticket will automatically be cancelled on or after the journey date and the money will automatically be refunded back to your account. There is no need to cancel the ticket manually.
Steps to Check PNR Status via SMS
If you are stuck at a place which doesn’t have an internet connectivity then you can use the SMS Service to check the PNR Status. Below is the keyword that needs to be used along with the number that you need to use to get the PNR Status
- You need to send the message PNR <PNR Number> and there are three numbers that you can use to get the PNR Number. You can send this message on 139 or 54959 or 5676747
- There is another format that you can use and it is basically for the i-tickets. The format is IPNR <PNR Number> and this message needs to be sent on
Once the message is delivered, you will receive the status of PNR via text message on your mobile number.
These are the two easiest ways to check the PNR Status of the ticket that you booked. Apart from this, you can also use the mobile application to check the status and this can be done in a couple of taps. If you are still facing any difficulty in checking the PNR status then you can call on 139 and you will get the information about the PNR Status.