Do you know that IRCTC also has an eWallet just like Paytm and other such digital wallet companies? This wallet can be used while booking the tickets and you can deposit money in advance in the eWallet to speed up the process of booking the ticket on IRCTC. There are many advantages of this wallet and in addition to this, the wallet is totally safe to use. Here are more details about the same.
Advantages and Features of IRCTC eWallet
- One of the greatest advantages of eWallet is that it lets you book ticket is a very easy manner and it saves your time as you do not have to go through the payment process.
- You can easily add money to wallet using your Credit Card, Debit Card, Net Banking and other such means.
- The wallet is quite secure as you receive a Transaction Password every time you use eWallet and the payment can’t be made without the transaction ID.
- The refunds are also made easy with help of eWallet as it takes just 1 single day for the money to be refunded if you book a ticket via eWallet.
How to register of eWallet?
- Registering for eWallet is quite easy and to begin the registration, you can start by logging in to the IRCTC Portal using your IRCTC Credentials.
- Once you are logged in, navigate to IRCTC eWallet section and click on IRCTC eWallet registration. This will take you to the registration page for eWallet.
- In the next step, you need to follow a verification process. In the verification process, you just need to validate your account via PAN Number or Aadhaar Number. Once that is done, the eWallet will be activated for you.
- There is a registration fee of Rs 50 + Taxes for IRCTC eWallet and you will be charged this during the activation of the wallet.
- There is a minimum amount and maximum amount that you can add to the wallet. The minimum amount is Rs 100 and the maximum amount that you can add in your wallet is Rs 10,000.
- During the payment, you will be able to see an option for IRCTC eWallet and you need to click on that option while making the payment for the ticket.
- You are also charged a transaction charge when you book a ticket and the charges are Rs 10 + Taxes.
- Apart from this, it is not possible to withdraw money from IRCTC eWallet and hence you need to be careful while you add money. In addition to this, you can’t withdraw the money you received in the wallet after the cancellation of the ticket. This can only be utilized for future bookings.
This was all about IRCTC eWallet. If you wish to get more information about IRCTC eWallet then you can navigate to the IRCTC Portal and then go to the eWallet section. They have a user guide as well as other information about the eWallet. You can also call 139 in case of any issues with eWallet.