Conditions under Which You Can Get Full Refund For Your Tatkal Tickets
Tatkal tickets are meant for immediate plans; therefore, you can book a ticket in a certain emergency whenever needed in Indian Railways. However, this can be hard for you when it comes to cancelling a ticket which is already an urgent booking.
Well, there is no refund granted for a confirmed tatkal ticket by IRCTC (Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation) who handles almost everything of Indian Railways. Anyways, here are some circumstances for which you can get an easy refund.
- If the train is delayed by more than 3 hours or the boarding point is somehow changed from the original boarding point then you can get a refund granted for your tatkal ticket.
- If the train in which you are travelling has diverted its route somehow and you are not comfortable with the route, then you can get an easy refund as this is a statement made by Indian railways.
- Under some circumstances the train can get on a diverted route and your boarding point is missed in between or even your destination is missed then you can get a refund for that. There are many times when you can face such a situation. Therefore, you need to be alert and take a note on the tracks before booking your ticket.
- If you are not getting the accommodation in the same class due to some non-attachments of any coach, then you can get a full refund for that. For instances, if you have booked a first AC ticket and you didn’t get the accommodation for the same, then you can apply for a refund.
- If you are made to get into lower class, and you are not at all comfortable with that, or even if the passenger agreed to travel in a lower class then the difference of money between the both will be refunded to your account as per the tatkal charges.
In all such cases, one can get a full refund and if you are facing any problem related to such a case then you can directly contact IRCTC for more information on the topic.