While planning a vacation or a trip it is necessary to know about the train schedule. You can find a lot of details in the train schedule and some of the details you can find in the train schedule include the days on which the train runs and the route of the train along with the time. This is certainly important and IRCTC also realized the same.
With the IRCTC Next Gen Portal, it is now possible to check the train schedule even without logging in to the portal. There is just one information that you need to check the train schedule and that is the train number. Follow the steps mentioned below to check the train status via IRCTC Next Gen Portal
Steps to Check Train Schedule via IRCTC Next Gen Portal
- To check the details of the train schedule, you need to visit the homepage of IRCTC Portal. You can access the portal by using the web address irctc.co.in.
- On the homepage, hover your mouse over the Train Button from the top menu bar and click on Train Schedule from the drop-down list. You will be taken to a new page.
- Enter the train number on this new page and click on submit button. The train schedule will now be displayed on the same page. You will be able to see the running days along with the stops and the time for the scheduled stops.
It should be noted that this is the scheduled time of the train and it is not displayed in the real time. There is a different process to track your train and if you wish to track the train then follow the steps listed below
Steps to Check Live Status of Train via IRCTC Next Gen Portal
- Navigate to IRCTC portal again and from the Trains Option, Click on Track Your Train. This will take you to a new page.
- Enter your train number in the designated area and click on the submit button. A list of stations will now be displayed.
- Select the station where you wish to check the status of the train or click on View Full Running if you wish to check the status of the train for all the stations.
This is how you can track the live status and check the schedule of the train. In case of any confusion, contact the IRCTC on 139 and get your doubts cleared. Ensure that you are on time for the train so that you do not miss the train.