How to Cancel IRCTC Ticket?
Many a times a thing to do not go as per the plan and this is also quite true for the travel plans. You might have travel plans and then you might have needed the change the dates or the need to cancel the plan altogether. This scenario can be possible on any type of journey, be it a rail journey, an air journey or a bus journey.
IRCTC is considerate and it knows that there may be times when passengers would have to cancel the ticket. In such a case, IRCTC provides you with a provision to cancel the ticket via IRCTC Next Generation Portal.
In this article, we are going to talk about the process to cancel the ticket and the charges associated with the cancellation of the ticket.
Cancellation Charges on IRCTC Tickets
- 48 Hours Prior to journey Time – Between Rs 240to Rs 60 depending on the class of booking. Rs 240 for 1st AC, Rs 200 for 2nd AC, Rs 180 for 3rd AC, Rs 120 for Sleeper, Rs 60 for Sleeper
- Between 4 to 48 Hours- On cancellation between 12 hours to 48 hours, the cancellation charges are as high as 25% and between 4 hours to 12 hours, the charges are 50% in any class of travel.
- RAC Tickets – Rs 30 for second seating and Rs 60 for all other ticket class.
Steps to Cancel IRCTC Ticket
- To cancel the ticket on IRCTC Next Gen Portal, you need to visit the IRCTC website and the link to the website is irctc.co.in
- Once you visit the IRCTC website, you will then have to login to your account. For this, click on the Login Button above and enter your IRCTC Login Details to login and proceed.
- Now, take your move to Trains, Select Cancel Trains Option and finally click on E-Tickets / I-Tickets.
- You will now have a list of tickets for the upcoming journey on the next page. Here, you will have to select the journey ticket that you want to cancel and click on Cancel Button.
- You will be asked for a confirmation about the cancellation. It is better you review the ticket if you have multiple bookings.
- On the next page, you will be again asked to provide a confirmation. Confirm the same and your ticket will be cancelled.
- You will now receive a notification about the refund that you will receive. Once that is done, the refund will be credited back to your account in 3 to 5 working days. In addition to this, there is an added advantage of using IRCTC e-Wallet and the good part is that if you used IRCTC e-Wallet then you will get the refund in just one single day.
This was all about the process of IRCTC Ticket Cancellation and the cancellation charges. If in case, you need to cancel the counter ticket, you can do the same via IRCTC Portal and the direct link to cancel the counter ticket is https://www.operations.irctc.co.in/ctcan/SystemTktCanLogin.jsf