IRCTC Tatkal Ticket can be booked only a day before the journey but again, there can be a possibility that you might have to cancel the ticket due to unforeseen circumstances. The chances are slim but there are certainly some chances for that. In such case, you may use IRCTC Next Generation website to cancel the ticket.
Well, in this article we have listed the process of cancellation for IRCTC Tatkal Ticket along with the cancellation charges applicable to the process. Below is all the information that you might need.
Cancellation Charges on Tatkal Ticket
IRCTC had a new regulation come up recently and as per this provision, the cancellation charges on Tatkal Ticket have been revised. Earlier, there was cancellation charge applicable on the ticket but now, the cancellation charge is 100% so basically, you do not get any refund for the cancellation of Confirmed Tatkal Ticket.
If the ticket is not confirmed then you get the refund and just a nominal amount is deducted is cancellation charge. This is true for RAC as well as waitlist ticket. Also, it should be noted that the ticket should not be confirmed at the time of cancellation in order to get a refund.
Now, you may think that there is no need to cancel the ticket if you are not travelling on confirmed Tatkal ticket but we will recommend you to cancel such tickets if you are travelling because in that case, the seat can be used by someone who needs to travel in case of emergency. Below is the process to cancel the ticket via IRCTC Next Gen Website.
Steps to Cancel IRCTC Tatkal Tickets
- To cancel the Tatkal tickets, you need to visit irctc.co.in and you need to login to the portal. You can use IRCTC Login Credentials here.
- Once you have logged in to the portal, you will then have to click on Trains and a drop-down menu will appear. Select Cancel Tickets and again, select I- Tickets or E-Tickets. This will navigate you to a new page where other tickets would be displayed.
- If you just have one ticket booked for upcoming journey then you might not have to worry about selecting the right Simply select the ticket and click on Cancel Ticket Button on the page.
- Verify the details and you will be taken to a new page where you will be again asked to confirm the details. This is basically to ensure that there is no accidental cancellation of wrong tickets.
- Once confirmed, the ticket will be cancelled. If your Tatkal ticket was in waitlist or RAC then you will receive a refund in 3 to 6 days,however, if your ticket was confirmed then you will not receive any refund for that.
This was all about the cancellation process of Tatkal Tickets. If you booked your Tatkal Ticket via Counter then you can cancel that ticket via Online Portal and to cancel such tickets, you can visit the link https://www.operations.irctc.co.in/ctcan/SystemTktCanLogin.jsf