IRCTC is a portal which is used for booking the railway tickets but the fact is that the portal offers many other services apart from acting as a railway ticket booking system. You can book domestic as well as international trips with help of the portal. In addition to this, you can also book air tickets with help of the portal. If you were not aware of this fact then you must know that IRCTC offers highly competitive prices for booking of an air ticket.
In this article, we have listed the process of booking the air ticket for you so that you can also take advantage of the new IRCTC next generation Portal.
Steps to Book Flight Ticket through IRCTC Next Gen Portal
- IRCTC Portal – To book the air ticket from IRCTC Portal, you need to navigate to the IRCTC Website. The link to the website is irctc.co.in
- Air Booking Page – Once you are on the portal, you can click on Flights from the top menu option and you will be redirected to a new page which will basically help you in booking the ticket. If you are not able to find the link then you may navigate to https://www.air.irctc.co.in/
- Searching Flight – Now, you need to enter the details like the source and destination city along with the date of journey and number of passengers. You can also choose to book a return ticket with help of IRCTC and in that case, you would have to enter the return date. Apart from this, the portal also gives you the freedom to book a multi-city trip.
- Searching Flight – Click on search button after entering the details and the list of available flights will now be displayed on your screen. You can apply various filters here as per your preference so as to get the flight that you want.
- Shortlisting Flight – Once you have shortlisted the flight, simply click on the book button corresponding to the flight details. This will take you to the next page where all the flight information along with the price will be displayed. To proceed from here, click on Add Traveller Information and the button is present at the bottom of the page.
- Log in to Portal – You will now have to enter your login details for the IRCTC before you go to the next page. It is also possible for you to proceed as a guest user by just entering your mobile number and email address.
- Entering Passenger Details – On the next page, enter the passenger details along with the contact information and mobile number. You must enter the correct mobile number as the airlines may need to contact you and in such a case, the mobile number proves to be really important. Click on Continue after entering all the details and verify the details once again on the next page.
- Review Booking – Click on Continue to Payment Gateway after verifying the details and now make the payment using the preferred payment method.
- Ticket Confirmation – The ticket will be emailed to you and the PNR will be shared with you on your mobile number as soon as you make the payment.
This is how you can book air tickets with IRCTC. The portal is highly reliable and you would surely not face any type of technical issue with the new portal launched by IRCTC. Before you choose to use any other portal, do check out the price of the ticket offered by IRCTC Air Booking Portal as there is no harm in comparing the price.
You may also like: