If you have been through the IRCTC Next Generation portal then you would have seen many cosmetic changes but did you notice the functional changes as well? If you haven’t noticed those changes then let us tell you that you can now check IRCTC Seat Availability and IRCTC PNR Status without logging into your account. What’s more? Well, you can also book the Air Tickets via IRCTC Next Generation Portal.
You might now ask about the advantage of booking the air tickets via IRCTC. Well, the advantage is that you will get the best fare on IRCTC. This is what our analysis states and we certainly ditched all other travel portal for IRCTC. Now, your next question might be how to book the air tickets for IRCTC Next Gen portal? We are now coming to this answer and the answer is listed in forms of steps now.
Steps to Book an Air Package via IRCTC Next Gen Portal
- You need to navigate to irctc.co.in to book the air tickets. It is not mandatory to have IRCTC Registration to book air tickets. If you have it, that would be an add-on. If you do not have an account yet, then you can also go for IRCTC Sign up.
- Now, on IRCTC Home page, you need click on Flights from the top menu bar and this will take you to the next page where you can start booking the flights. If you are not able to find the option then you can click on https://www.air.irctc.co.in/
- Here, select your journey type along with the source, destination, Departure Date and Return Date if you intend to book a return journey. Once that is entered, you can also enter the traveller count and click on Search Button.
- On the next page, choose the flight that you wish to travel in and if you face confusion while choosing then apply the filters to shortlist your selections. There are many sort options available as well and that adds on to the convenience.
- Now, Click on Book Button corresponding to the flight and on the next page, review the flight information. You can also check the baggage information and add meals or extra baggage to your trip from here.
- Next, you have to enter the passenger details so click on Add Traveller Information. You will now be prompted to enter the IRCTC Login Details and you can also use a guest user ID to continue.
- After entering the traveller info, check out the details of the ticket once again and make the payment. The process from here is simple and once you make the payment, the ticket will be booked and the PNR will be shared with you on mobile.
- You can also save the ticket on your desktop or laptop and take the print for your reference.
Your air ticket is now booked and you can travel to your destination on the day of your travel. Do not forget to reach the airport at least 2 hours prior to the departure time so that you do not have a chance of missing the flight.